Director of Research and Development
Benchmark Biolabs is seeking an experienced and motivated Research and Development Director, for its Lincoln, NE operations. This is an outstanding opportunity for a seasoned animal biologics expert to direct the core research, product development, and clinical groups, as well as any strategic group additions, to meet internal and commercial scientific objectives. The R&D Director will provide leadership and management to the laboratory groups to develop and maintain the technical capabilities of personnel while supporting the topline service business. This position will work directly with the Project Director to establish and mange project priorities and deliverables, as well as ensure a smooth transition of products through the transfer to manufacturing. This role will prepare annual departmental budgets, as well as oversee the staffing, equipment and lab activities in accordance with company objectives.
To be successful in this role, our ideal candidate must have:
- Demonstrated success at managing laboratory activities, budgets, and personnel. Prior management of an R&D Department is required.
- Biologics or biopharmaceutical industry experience with the successful licensure of products regulated by the USDA – Center of Veterinary Biologics
- Strong leadership skills along with outstanding written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines, submission protocols, IACUC and IBC
- Strong positive negotiation skills leading to win/win situations
PhD in Microbiology, Virology, Immunology, or other life science study is required, along with at least 8 years of relevant management level experience within the biologics or biopharmaceutical industry.
Laboratory Technician – Manufacturing Services
Benchmark Biolabs is seeking an entry-level Laboratory Technician for our biological manufacturing division, Antelope Valley Bios. The Laboratory Technician will assist with day to day activities of the manufacturing operations, including preventative maintenance of the facility, while aiding in the execution of research projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Cleaning and replacement of glassware, solutions preparation, autoclaving and general lab organization
- Maintenance and cleaning of equipment, laboratories, and other rooms
- Conducting work in accordance with appropriate company policies and regulatory agencies
- Conducting work in accordance with company safety requirements
- Monitoring of laboratory equipment
- Recording data promptly and accurately
- Providing feedback to supervisor as to operational issues
- Maintaining accurate inventories of raw material, in-process material, and finished goods
- Routinely surveying facility, equipment, and systems, to ensure all areas are in excellent working conditions (organized, clean, safe)
- Supporting other duties assigned by senior laboratory personnel
- Aseptic technique, Bacteriology, Virology, and Tissue Culture experience
- Familiar with media preparation and pouring plates
- Some experience working in a biosafety cabinet
- Knowledge of proper PPE for handling microbial agents.
- Good math skills for calculating concentrations of solutions
- Knowledge of proper data capture, such as with Notebooks, or Process Worksheets
- Knowledge of equipment use such as autoclaves, microscopes, incubators, automatic pipettes, shakers, water baths, etc.
- Must be able to read, understand, and execute detailed written instructions
- Must be able to learn and follow site, equipment, and personnel trafficking policies
- Must be able to interact with and express requirements in a positive and professional way to colleagues at all levels within the organization
Required Education/Industry Experience:
- Associate Degree in a scientific field of study, such as Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, or Biochemistry, OR
- 2 years’ experience in a USDA licensed vaccine manufacturing facility, in lieu of degree
Associate Scientist – Research & Development
Benchmark Biolabs, Inc. has an immediate opening for a knowledgeable and enthusiastic Associate Scientist to join our Research & Development team for veterinary biologics. This individual will assist in the development, licensing, and testing of animal vaccines and related potency and identity assays, and will serve as the Primary Investigator for new products. The position may train or supervise laboratory technicians within the department.
Required Technical Competencies:
- Microbiology and virology R&D experience
- Cell culture
- Western blot
- Agarose gel electrophoresis
- Aseptic Technique Experience (or HFL work environment)
Advanced laboratory skills/experience a plus:
- Antibody production
- Vaccine formulation
- Batch Fermentation (large scale)
- Column Chromatography
Required Professional Skills:
- Must be able to communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization
- Must have proficiency in MS Office Tools
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a research team
- Good documentation skills and ability to read and follow SOP’s
Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology, Virology, Molecular Biology, (or related field of study) along with 5 years’ post graduate lab experience, with 3 years of those in assay, process, or product development strongly preferred.
Benchmark Biolabs offers an excellent benefit package and an outstanding work environment. To be considered, e-mail cover letter and résumé, along with salary requirements, to: email@example.com or mail to Benchmark Biolabs/Attn: Human Resources/421 West Industrial Lake Drive/Lincoln, NE/68528
About the Company:
AgriLabs® is a leader in biological innovation for animal health in the United States. Through proprietary DNA platform and adjuvant technologies, AgriLabs is delivering the next generation of vaccine solutions for farm animals. These technologies – combined with other innovative products and the leading distribution network in the United States – uniquely position AgriLabs to improve animal health, nutrition and productivity.
Benchmark Biolabs is a leader in animal biologics contract research in the United States and around the globe. A member of the AgriLabs® family of companies, Benchmark has an extraordinary track record of research and regulatory firsts. Through expert, confidential and responsive services, Benchmark helps speed the biological innovation process from concept to commercialization.
VaxLiant®, a member of the AgriLabs® family of companies, develops and markets innovative adjuvant technologies that optimize vaccine performance. Through a portfolio that includes ready-to-use ENABL® adjuvants and fully customizable BioMize adjuvants, VaxLiant enhances traditional and DNA platform vaccines that improve animal health and productivity.
Antelope Valley Bios
Antelope Valley Bios, a member of the AgriLabs® family of companies, provides contract manufacturing services for animal vaccines. Through a new, state-of-the-art USDA-licensed facility, Antelope Valley Bios produces biological products that meet the highest levels of quality and efficiency for a wide range of start-ups and established global companies.