R&D Assistant Scientist – Bioinformatics/Assay Development
Benchmark Biolabs, Inc, is seeking a motivated Assistant Scientist looking to take their entry-level experience to the next step and join our Bioinformatics/Assay Development (Research & Development) team for veterinary biologics. This position will assist in executing laboratory activities involved with assay and reagent characterization and development, method validation, and the transfer of assays and methods to internal and external customers. The Assistant Scientist will provide cost estimates, project updates, and scheduling information, as well as maintain accurate assay reagent and sample inventories. This position will aid in training other assigned laboratory personnel and will serve on internal company committees as assigned.
We are seeking someone who:
- Has experience in molecular biology techniques (including PCR, gel electrophoresis, restriction digest), aseptic technique, ELISA, cell culture, virology, and Western blot
- Is familiar with general lab activities including buffer preparation
- Can effectively communicate across all levels of people
- Is highly organized and detail oriented
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Will be accountable for accurate data and notebook entries to ensure compliance with company, regulatory, and quality systems.
- Animal Health R&D experience is highly preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Immunology, or related life science field of study plus 2-5 years of post-graduate laboratory experience is required. Experience in assay, process, or product development in industry is strongly preferred.
Biological Manufacturing Senior Technician
Benchmark Biolabs is seeking a well-rounded Senior Technician for our biological manufacturing division, Antelope Valley Bios. Under general supervision, the Senior Technician will conduct day to day activities of the biological manufacturing operations, and aid in the execution of research projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Cleaning and replacement of glassware, solutions preparation, autoclaving and general lab organization
- Supporting laboratory/manufacturing personnel in high volume, multiple-task related activities
- Recording data promptly and accurately
- Implementing task lists as outlined by supervisor or other senior laboratory personnel
- Conducting work in accordance with appropriate company policies and regulatory agencies
- Conducting work in accordance with company safety requirements
- Monitoring of laboratory equipment
- Assisting in the development of procedures for internal and external customers, including protocol development, SOP development, and personnel training
- Maintaining accurate inventories of raw material, in-process material, and finished goods
- Routinely surveying facility, equipment, and systems, to ensure all areas are in excellent working conditions (organized, clean, safe)
- Aseptic technique, Bacteriology, Virology, and Tissue Culture experience
- Familiar with media preparation and pouring plates
- Some experience working in a biosafety cabinet
- Knowledge of proper PPE for handling microbial agents.
- Good math skills for calculating concentrations of solutions
- Knowledge of proper data capture, such as with Notebooks, or Process Worksheets
- Knowledge of equipment use such as autoclaves, microscopes, incubators, automatic pipettes, shakers, water baths, etc.
- Must be able to read, understand, and execute detailed written instructions
- Must be able to learn and follow site, equipment, and personnel trafficking policies
- Must be able to interact with and express requirements in a positive and professional way to colleagues at all levels within the organization
Required Education/Industry Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a scientific field of study, such as Biology, Microbiology, or Biochemistry
- 3 years’ experience in a biological manufacturing environment
- Experience in a USDA licensed facility preferred
Benchmark Biolabs offers an excellent benefit package and an outstanding work environment. To be considered, e-mail cover letter and résumé, along with salary requirements, to: email@example.com or mail to Benchmark Biolabs/Attn: Human Resources/421 West Industrial Lake Drive/Lincoln, NE/68528
About the Company:
AgriLabs® is a leader in biological innovation for animal health in the United States. Through proprietary DNA platform and adjuvant technologies, AgriLabs is delivering the next generation of vaccine solutions for farm animals. These technologies – combined with other innovative products and the leading distribution network in the United States – uniquely position AgriLabs to improve animal health, nutrition and productivity.
Benchmark Biolabs is a leader in animal biologics contract research in the United States and around the globe. A member of the AgriLabs® family of companies, Benchmark has an extraordinary track record of research and regulatory firsts. Through expert, confidential and responsive services, Benchmark helps speed the biological innovation process from concept to commercialization.
VaxLiant®, a member of the AgriLabs® family of companies, develops and markets innovative adjuvant technologies that optimize vaccine performance. Through a portfolio that includes ready-to-use ENABL® adjuvants and fully customizable BioMize adjuvants, VaxLiant enhances traditional and DNA platform vaccines that improve animal health and productivity.
Antelope Valley Bios
Antelope Valley Bios, a member of the AgriLabs® family of companies, provides contract manufacturing services for animal vaccines. Through a new, state-of-the-art USDA-licensed facility, Antelope Valley Bios produces biological products that meet the highest levels of quality and efficiency for a wide range of start-ups and established global companies.